Thursday, December 15, 2011

Snowman Soup

Boogs, GP, and GM helped me put together Snowman Soup packages for classroom treats, some staff members at Boogs' school, and the librarians at our public library. I had a package topper in my Christmas file from last year's Snowman Soup.  Last year I used my watercolor pencils to color the stamped snowman. This year I just stamped a snowman using an old Night of Navy ink pad and a stamp from Festive Friends, a Stampin Up retired set. I used the Stampin Up Top Note die cut for this year's topper and dry embossed it with the Texturz Backgrounds #1.
GM glued on the poem, GP put the cocoa packets into the cello bags,
and Boogs put in Hershey's Kisses, a candy cane, and marshmallows.
 I stamped the snowman, printed the poem, die cut and embossed the
topper, and stapled it on the bags.

We made 40 of them.

The finished package of Snowman Soup.

I have used two different Snowman Soup poems over the years. Here they are:
#1
Was told you've been good this year
Always glad to hear it
With freezing weather drawing near
You'll need to warm your spirit
So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick
Just add hot water, sip it slow
It's sure to do the trick!

#2
When it's so cold that you holler and whoop,
It's time to bring out the Snowman Soup!
Pour the packet in a mug and add the snowballs, too.
And throw in the Kisses from the snowman to you.
Now add some hot water and use the stick to stir it.
Sip it slow and soon you'll feel the warm winter spirit!





1 comment:

  1. Oh they turned out so cute!! Thanks for sharing this on my FB page too!

    I'm definitely going to make these for some people I know. :)

    ReplyDelete