Sunday, August 7, 2016

First Week of August

Whew! The first week of August was certainly a busy week for our family. Boogs started a two week diving board class on Monday the first. This is his 5th year taking this diving board class and he loves it!!! Every year, he takes the class with his friends Z & E. Last year they complained that they did not get enough diving time. This year we signed them up for two hours of classes each day for two weeks. They are very happy with the extra diving board time. Boogs does not feel like he has truly experienced summer until he has had his two weeks of diving board class.
On Monday, they spent the class getting used to diving again. Then we went to the park to play for a while.
By Tuesday, Boogs was comfortable enough to start working on his high dive skills. He said he is going to focus on keeping his feet together better.
He also spent time with Coach Will working on his back dive.
He got the hang of it pretty quickly.
Click photo to enlarge
By Wednesday, Boogs high dive was looking much better. Boogs told me his goal is to do an eggroll dive by the end of the week.
After diving board class and playground time on Monday, Boogs had a babysitter. My husband and I went to a class to get certified for scuba diving with a Nitrox tank. 

After diving board class on Tuesday, we went out to lunch with Z & E. Then Boogs had to hang out in the lobby of a lawyer's office while my husband and I had our wills made and signed. My husband and I were leaving on a scuba diving trip on Wednesday, so we wanted to be sure Boogs would be taken care of if something happened to us.

We took Boogs to diving board class on Wednesday and watched his first hour of diving. Then, my husband and I got in the car to head to the Gulf of Mexico for our next diving adventure on a live-aboard dive boat. Boogs spent the night with Z & E and then went with them to diving board class the next morning. On Thursday, my parents went to watch Boogs dive. They took him home with them after class. They sent me a couple of pictures of their hike into Longhorn Caverns. They kept Boogs until we returned late Friday night. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Click HERE to view the post about our scuba trip.

This post is linked to:
Country Kids from Coombe Mill

20 comments:

  1. I watched the Olympic diving a couple of days ago and wondered where on earth people went to learn how to dive, now I know :-) Sounds like your son enjoys his diving, a future champion?! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pool is one of the only public pools in our area that still has a high diving board. I jumped off it once and it scared me.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What an amazing way to spend the summer, diving and scuba diving. I can't wait to get on holiday now #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boogs loves being in water any way he can.

      Delete
  3. I think boogs is having the best summer ever. those dive boars look really high but you can tell he loves it. The gulf of Mexico sounds like a real adventure and the dive boat! Those caves look pretty special and very educational too. I'm loving following your summer fun.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Boogs wants to go back to the cavern with his Dad and take the crawl-on-your-belly-like-the-first-caverns tour. I am definitely not doing that tour. I would get claustrophobic.

      Delete
  4. Oh my sounds like you all love water. Those caves look amazing too. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous class. I'm very impressed by the diving and also him wanting to do the class each year. (I'm not sure I'd have the nerve!)#CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not have the nerve. He also like that the same friends do the class with him each year.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that diving is impressive! Not sure I'd be jumping off let alone driving off them. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't do it. I do like cheering him on from my chair on the sidelines.

      Delete
  7. Boogs is a real natural in water! His poses and stance while doing his diving is amazing! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He loves being in the water. Luckily we have some year round swimming pools near our house.

      Delete
  8. Wow how amazing to be doing a diving board class! I know I wouldn't have the nerve to do it, well done to him, fantastic! The Loghorn Caverns trip looks really interesting too :) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how Boogs set himself little targets, I think that's just ace! Boogs looks like he really enjoys every minute of his diving too which is just fantastic. I hope you and your hubby enjoyed your time away scuba diving too.xx #countryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time on the scuba trip, thanks. Boogs is usually sad when diving board camp comes to an end.

      Delete
  10. I think Boogs has the coolest summer! What a cool dude he is.
    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete