Saturday, August 20, 2016

Last Bit of Summer

I went back to work this week. It was a busy summer. Last week, Boogs and I enjoyed a few summer outings while my husband joined a new company and went back to work after taking off for ten weeks. I took a picture of him like I do with Boogs on the first day of school. Isn't he cute?
Boogs completed his second week of diving board class. Boogs met his goal of doing an eggroll dive. He LOVES taking this class and I love watching him go off the diving boards again and again.
Every year he looks forward to the last day of class when the coaches throw towels at the kids as the kids jump off the diving boards. It is hard to time it just right to catch the towels.

One day after diving board class, Boogs invited a friend to go with us to the Austin Nature and Science Center. We love going there to examine all sorts of exhibits.
There is a great little trail outside to spend a little time in nature. The last time he stood under that rib cage statue, his head did not come close to reaching it. Boogs still loves being buried in the sand.
I made sure Boogs and his friend brought an extra change of clothes because I knew they would not be able to resist getting in the water.
We love the outdoor man-made creek. It is so much fun to move rocks, to build, and take apart little dams. Boogs tried to see how big of a splash he could make in one of the ponds. The boys were both soaked by the time we had to leave. So glad they had dry clothes.
We had 23 days of 100 degree (or higher) weather this year. Last Friday's temperature reached 105 degrees F (40.5 C). It started raining on Saturday and has been raining since then. The high temperature for the majority of this week has been in the low 80s. What a difference! I am hoping the rain clears up before the students come back to school on Monday.

I can't believe summer is really over. I am looking forward to another great year of teaching and hoping Boogs has a fantastic 5th grade year.

This post is linked to:
Country Kids from Coombe Mill

18 comments:

  1. Haha love that you took a picture of your husband on his first day. Well done Boogs on doing so well on your diving! Looks like a good time was had by all.xx #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun that my hubby played along for the picture.

      Delete
  2. I've loved watching all your summer adventures and think Boogs is one very lucky Country Kid! I can't imagine the temperatures you've been enjoying but I do know you have found the best ways to make the most of the warmth. Good luck to your husband with the new job, he certainly looks the part there and I hope your rain clears soon too. We are off on holiday on Monday and I'm hoping we hold onto summer for just another week!

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the well wishes. Have a wonderful holiday, I can't wait to see your pictures!

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of catching the towel as he dives. A real challenge. The nature trail looks great, and the creek must be such fun. I'd be paddling in it. Hope your new school year and jobs go well. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kiddos LOVE trying to catch the towel. Thank you for the well wishes.

      Delete
  4. I love that picture of your husband too! This looks like an amazing place to visit with so much to do. Your photos are gorgeous! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love visiting the nature center. Last time we went, the boys tried to catch minnows with their hands. Fun!

      Delete
  5. Goodness catching a towel??! Wow what an amazing act to finish a class!

    The Science center looks amazing. Providing indoor and outdoor activity to kids!

    School will start soon here as well and I will try to take advantage of the few days to spend and enjoy with my son =)

    #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The science center is free! We love visiting there.

      Delete
  6. Great photos. Looks like so much fun. I love that you took a photo of your husband on his first day at work!!

    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo of your hubby on his first day at work and well done to Boogs on managing to do an eggroll dive. The trail looks like it was a lot of fun - especially with the manmade creek :-) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo of your hubby on his first day, genius! Looks like you have had such an amazing Summer with your boys! The Austin Nature and Science Center looks like a cool place to visit and Boogs has done so well in the board diving class, well done to him :) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was funny to get a first day photo. We love the nature center.

      Delete
  9. Your summer adventures are so fun. Boogs is the coolest kid. :) The nature trails looks amazing.
    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete