Saturday, May 8, 2021

My Woobles Fox

I learned how to crochet in February using the Woobles Penguin Kit. Woobles has 13 different crochet kits. I kept looking at the Francois the Fox Crochet Kit because it is absolutely adorable. Since I am so new to crocheting, I could not justify spending $50 for the kit when I had a stash of free yarn. So, I bought the Francois Pattern for $5. The pattern is listed as "intermediate" level. I like a challenge. I had some burnt orange yarn thats label said it was from Kmart, possibly from 1976. I loved the color and free yarn is a wonderful thing.


I started working on Francois on April 7th. I love how easy it is to follow the Woobles patterns. It was a bit challenging for me to make this fox. Before the first week of February, the only exposure I'd had to crocheting was making crochet chains when I was ten-years-old.

I liked how the pattern had you attach the ears and snout to the head. That made it simple to complete the head without worrying about making the snout as you went along.


It took me less than a week to complete Francois. You can see that his snout was a bit of a mess. I had yet to master attaching pieces to the body. The white part of Francois' chest is a bit wonky. It turned out okay. I am getting better at reading crochet patterns but it is still something I need to work on.

I loved the little backpack, but the more I looked at his snout, the less satisfied I became with this piece. I had to redo the snout. When I snipped out his snout, I was worried that I would accidentally cut into the face. Luckily, I didn't.
His redone snout (being more careful when following the pattern) made him look more like a fox and less like a bear. I was very happy with the change. Francois the Fox was now ready for an adventure. I sent a few pictures of the start of his exploration to my friend's son before he found his way to his new home with them. Her son was excited to hear about his travels.




If you are looking for a fun way to start a new crochet hobby, you really should check out Woobles. I have my eye on the hippo, rabbit, and crocodile patterns. I didn't receive anything from Woobles for singing their praises in this post, I just love their kits and patterns.

3 comments:

  1. Good morning! I see you have the fox and backpack woobles pattern? Is there any way I can buy the pattern for both from you as it’s discontinued on the site. Thanks in advance! Also, I love your lunch ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I am unable to find the fox pattern.

      Delete
    2. I just looked on Ravelry.com. I search Francois the Fox Pattern and it came up. Justine T. is selling the pattern on that site. Hope that helps.

      Delete