Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Catching Up

Time is going by so quickly this year. I am shocked that it is already December. I thought I would post a few pics of what we have been up to since mid-September.

We have been getting a lot of rain during the past couple of months. Of course that means Boogs and I have to take walks in the rain every chance we get.
 The path through the woods to the park was flooded.
 Boogs still had fun playing on the slippery wet playscape.

The volleyball courts and the swing area were flooded. Even with our rain gear, Boogs and I were soaking wet by the time we made it home.

The rain has also kept us from spending time on our motorcycles. I think we have only had the chance to take the bikes out twice in the past two months. Boogs and my hubby sure are having fun riding them. I was supposed to take a lesson, but it got cancelled. I will eventually get on a bike, but I am not in too much of a hurry.


We are keeping busy with school, work, Tang Soo Do, hanging out with friends, OT, Math Pentathlon, reading, and just living life.
Boogs has enjoyed working on some of the projects that come with his Little Passports subscription.
We have tried a few Little Passports recipes. Boogs gave the recipe for Kheer Paneer a thumbs up.

At school, Boogs prepared a lesson (using the levels of Bloom's Taxonomy) to teach a group of first graders. 

I was checking through Boogs homework and found an assignment that asked: What's one thing about Fall that you can describe using vivid adjectives and verbs?
I loved Boogs response. He has such a wonderful way with words. "The pumpkins stir with life with a big ear to ear grin. They beam with candles as they snarl at passersby."
I don't know many 9-yr-olds who use the word "passersby". His use of words has amazed me since he was about two-years-old. Boogs makes me smile every day.

We have also celebrated two holidays since my last post - Halloween and Thanksgiving.
 Boogs and his friend went to a local high school for Trunk-or-Treat.
I stayed home and passed out candy (wearing my Batman gear) while Boogs went trick-or-treating with Daddy.
Thanksgiving Dinner was at our house this year. We were glad my sister, her family, and my parents were able to make it. We were sad my brother and his family were unable to be with us this year.

Before I know it, it will be 2016. Sometimes I really want time to slow down a bit.

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you've been up to so much despite not having the greatest of weather. I bet it's great to have been able to spend time with family for Thanksgiving. My kids would've loved to have gone exploring in the rain like that, the flooded areas would've been a draw to them! Thanks for linking up with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete