Monday, April 19, 2010

Fitness

Had my latest fitness assessment with my trainer this morning. I am down a total of 35 pounds and am now at 17.8% body fat. My husband is training for a body building competition in August. I am training along with him. I have a couple of months to decide if I want to enter the competition myself. I just can't see myself getting up on stage in a bikini and posing for a group of judges. Maybe when I lose a few more pounds and get in better shape I will feel like competing. The nice thing about competing is that is gives you a goal to strive for. In January, I took up running again after a 15 year break. So I have been competing in 5Ks and 10Ks to keep me focused on 3 runs a week, longer milage, and getting my speed up. I think I probably need to compete so that I will try and have some will power with my eating habits. For right now, I am just enjoying working out with my personal trainer three times a week and running three times a week. It has made such a difference in my confidence and how I feel about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment