Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Lunches

I made two Valentine-ish lunches for Boogs. One on Monday and one today. Happy Valentine's Day!

From Me to You by Anthony France
Rat is feeling blue until he receives a letter that says "This letter is from someone who really admires you. I think you are very special, and I just want you to know how lucky I feel to have such a true and dear friend as you." While he tries to discover who sent it, Rat helps out his friends and spreads the love. This book has such a sweet message. In the lunchbox: Almond butter & jelly Rat and envelope sandwiches, fruit leather flap and heart on the envelope, strawberry hearts, blueberries, and broccoli.

One Zillion Valentines by Frank Modell
I did not put in a zillion valentines, but did put a lot of heart into this lunch. Heart pb&j sandwich with heart cut-out, cheese hearts, hotdog hearts, carrot hearts (idea from here), spinach hearts, tomato heart, fruit leather heart on a semi-heart shaped apple. I love Boogs, my sweet little Valentine!



Be sure to check out the Valentine themed bentos at Bento Blog Network

3 comments: