Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bento Bloggers & Friends Halloween Hop

Bento Bloggers & Friends are joining together for a creepy, ghostly, fun Halloween hop. We are  hopping a little early so that you can get a few ideas for your own Halloween lunches. I am so excited to see all of the BBF Halloween inspired lunch creations. You can start your hop by checking out my Halloween lunches. Then click the jack-o-lantern button to hop on over to the next stop on the hop to see the Halloween lunches that Bento, Monsters has made.

Ten Timid Ghosts by Jennifer O'Connell
Boogs picked out this book at the store while he was running errands with his dad. In the story, a witch moves into a haunted house and tries to scare away the ten ghosts who live there. She tries every trick possible to scare them away. One by one the ghosts are scared off until one clever ghost is left. He figured out the witch's tricks and scares her away. This is a really cute countdown book. Boogs has read it many times in the week that we have owned it. In the ELB lunchbox: goulish meatballs, coconut rice with soy sauce faces, a marshmallow ghost, candy ghost with candy corn, ghostly plum slices, cream cheese and celery ghosts.



Arthur's Halloween by Marc Brown

Arthur has become very afraid of all the spooky Halloween decorations. His little sister does not help him remain calm because she purposely tries to scare him. When Arthur goes trick-or-treating, his little sister disappears into the witch's house at the end of the block. Arthur must face his fear to rescue her. Boogs loves Halloween but has become a bit nervous this year about all of the spooky stuff. He really identified with Arthur in this story. In the Laptop lunchbox: pb&j Arthur sandwich, radish "s", orange jack-o-lantern, cheese tombstone, salad with a witch pick riding on a tomato, and yogurt.


This is one of my favorite Halloween-ish lunches from last year:
The Widow's Broom by Chris Van Allsburg

Chris Van Allsburg is one of my favorite children's authors. His illustrations are gorgeous and his stories make the kiddos think and wonder what really happened without outright telling them. In the lunchbox: turkey & cheese sandWITCH, cheesestick broom, pumpkin marshmallow Peep, grapes, carrots, and orange & black Halloween chips.

Now, click the jack-o-lantern button to hop on over to Bento, Monsters to continue the Bento Bloggers and Friends Halloween Hop.
                                                       


Be sure to check out the wonderful sites I link to on my sidebar! If you want to see more book inspired lunches, click on the "lunches" label at the end of this post or go to My Story Themed Lunches board on Pinterest. I would love for you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by.

55 comments:

  1. Your lunches are always awesome! And I love the idea of making ghosts with celery and cream cheese! so clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lau-raw. That is the only way I can get Boogs to eat celery.

      Delete
  2. The cream cheese and celery ghosts are adorable! I am definitely going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember eating them as a kid at my grandmother's house.

      Delete
  3. These are so great.. love love the Arthur!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, I love Arthur's Halloween SO much! I used to read it to my kids every year. All the lunches look amazing, but that Arthur is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristie. It really is an adorable book.

      Delete
  5. I love your book themed lunches Your Arthur is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love them all! My favorites are Arthur and the SandWitch, lol! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun making that sandWitch last year. I couldn't help but post it again.

      Delete
  7. Love the celery ghosts and Arthur is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative, I love them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so talented Keitha, I'm inspired so much everytime I come to visit your amazing blog! All wonderful books with amazing matching bentos... You're the Super Mommy Extraordinaire!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K,thank you so much! Boogs loves matching the books with his lunch. I have to give him credit for wanting to keep it going.

      Delete
  10. Great lunches. Arthur is perfect and I really love that witch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I simply LOVE the cream cheese celery ghosts! I don't think my kiddo would eat them, but I love the idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. Boogs ate two of them hole and then just licked the cream cheese out of the third one.

      Delete
  12. The celery ghosts are adorable. I am totally going to use that idea for the girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're ALL so cute. Love the celery ghosts, super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Celery ghosts - so clever! I also love your witch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cream cheese celery ghosts... so simple, yet so spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana. He was very easy to make since his head is pretty much oval-shaped.

      Delete
  17. Absolutely love the book tie-ins...and, your Arthur is fabulous! The celery ghosts make me desperately wish that my daughter ate cream cheese. They're boo-tiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like your Arthur lunch. I will have to find that book to read to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all your lunches!! So great and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Arthur's Halloween!!!!!! I LOVED that book as a kid!! Awesome job :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love them all! Especially the ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cristi. I know I did celery ghosts last year at some point but it might have been a lunch I did not photograph.

      Delete
  22. OMG seriously love all you lunches! They all just look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing lunches, Keitha! I especially love the Arthur lunch. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love them all, Keitha! My favorite is the Widow's Broom & the amazing detail. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete