Friday, September 16, 2011

Lunches Sept. 12th - 16th

"Color Days" are finished at Boogs' school. So, this past week I used our bedtime stories as inspiration for the next day's lunch. Boogs really liked it. When I was making his zoo lunch, he told me I needed more than just a cage with animals to make a zoo. He said I had to put the zoo in all the parts of his lunch. I tried. Here are the pics for this week:
Bear pb&j sandwich, bear on Babybel,  blueberries, raisins and veggies.

Pumpkin pb&j, apple cheese, red apple cut-out in green apple,
apple juice, yogurt, and broccoli.

Zoo animals in a cage, blueberry elephant with strawberries, yogurt,  peppers and broccoli.

Boiled egg bunny on a bed of spinach & carrots,  Babybel cheese,  "carrot"
cereal bar, "carrot"  red apple cut-out in green apple, and Pirate's Booty.

Chicken & cheese quesadilla with salsa, guacamole, and berries.
Boogs thought the salsa was too hot.
This one had nothing to do with Boogs' lunches. A friend of mine, challenged me to create a Captain Underpants lunch. It is a book character that Boogs will (hopefully) not want to read about. This is my messy attempt to turn him into food:

1 comment: