Monday, January 3, 2022

Last Christmas 2021 Post

I finally got to make my Christmas Tree Appetizer. The base was a 9 inch styrofoam cone from Michael's Craft Store. I wrapped it in Saran Wrap then added Herbs de Provence and garlic powder to cream cheese and spread that over the plastic wrap. The cream cheese and toothpicks held the food in place. There were green, black, and kalamata olives, tri-colored cherry tomatoes, salami, proscuitto, capocollo, cheese stars, and rosemary sprigs. After I took this picture, I added several types of crackers surrounding the base of the tree. It was delicious!

We continued our annual tradition of watching Elf on Christmas Eve. Boogs wore his Elf onesie for the viewing.

Cutesy the Elf went back home to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. He left behind a little friend for Boogs to take care of until he returns next year, a little crocheted hedgehog.

Boogs thought it was pretty cute.

We had a quiet day with just the three of us. We played cards, pool, darts, ate too much junk, and watched another movie. 

On Boxing Day, we had friends come over for a full Christmas dinner. No one could resist trying Cutesy's cup stacking balance challenge. We played a fun card game and had a great time.



My parents came over the next day. My dad spent quite a bit of time with the cup balancing challenge. 




It was a really quiet holiday break. We missed traveling to Canada to see my husband's family. Hopefully, we will get to see them next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment