Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Summer Lunches

Boogs summer lunches have not been very exciting. Someone asked me to post a few of the lunches I have made this summer. I don't have very many to post. Boogs has not been asking for story themed lunches this summer. Most of his lunches have been pretty boring. I have not taken many lunch pictures since school ended. Here the few lunches I have pictures of:
 In the ELB: turkey, Goldfish Crackers, yogurt, granola bar, blueberries, carrots, and an apple.

On the lunch tray: yogurt, blackberries, roll, ham, salad

On the divided plate: yogurt, plum, garlic bologna, Babybel cheese, broccoli, and a homemade pumpkin chocolate chip muffin.

Today I actually made a story themed lunch inspired by The Otherworldly Adventures of Tyler Washburn, The New Kid by Dylan Cole.
Boogs read this book several times. It tells the story of a boy inventor who is constantly causing trouble with his inventions. Tyler accidentally stumbles his way into the STAR (The Society of Technologically Advanced Races) Academy. It is an intergalactic school for young beings from around the universe. Tyler makes some new friends and learns many exciting things about different planets and space travel. Tyler is able to successfully create an invention that helps his new friends. Boogs loved looking at the illustrations in this book. The author/illustrator also works in the entertainment industry. He was the concept art director for the movie Avatar and the production designer for the movie Maleficent.

School has been out for 5 weeks so I am a little out of practice drawing on cheese. In the ELB lunchbox: Tyler and his friends drawn on a piece of cheese which is on top of a pb&j sandwich, phyllopod salad, and surface of Engogia mango.

Be sure to check out the wonderful sites I link to on my sidebar!  If you want to see more book inspired lunches, click on the "lunches" label at the end of this post or go to My Story Themed Lunches board on Pinterest. I would love for you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment