Friday, June 28, 2013

Third Week of Summer

We had a very different kind of week. After his swim meet last Saturday, Boogs left to spend the week with my mom. Every summer, she teaches VBS at her church and invites all of her grandkids to spend the week with her and attend VBS. This year, four of the grandkids stayed with her.


While Boogs was enjoying time with his Nonnie and cousins, my husband and I took a belated ten year anniversary trip. Our anniversary was on June 7th. We decided that we really did not want to deal with the hassle of the airport and picked a place close to home to visit. We spent three days at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa. It is about an hour drive from our house. My husband booked some time for both of us at the spa for our first day there. It was amazing!


My treatments started with a spa pedicure. After that, I had a 60 minute facial followed by a 30 minute cucumber mint sugar scrub and body wrap. While I was wrapped up like a baked potato, I had a scalp massage that almost put me to sleep. The last treatment of the day was a 60 minute relaxation massage. My husband had a body scrub and a massage then he checked us into the hotel while I was finishing up.

The view from our room.
We had dinner on the balcony of the Stories Restaurant. At 8 pm, the resort had a blazing fire in the fire pit for guests to roast marshmallows. We skipped dessert with our meal so that we could make S'mores.

We spent most of Wednesday enjoying the sunny (HOT!) weather. The resort had bicycles for the guests to borrow. We rode about 5 miles on the borrowed bikes.




We returned the bikes and went hiking. A little less than two miles from the resort is the entrance to McKinney Roughs Nature Park. We hiked a few miles on the trails. We saw lots of lizards and deer.

It was 101 degrees Wednesday afternoon. We took advantage of the pool area to cool off and have a refreshing drink or two.
After dinner, we went back to the fire pit for another S'mores dessert.

YUM!
Thursday morning began with a trip to the spa. We each had another massage. It was heavenly.

There was a small game room with a few pinball and arcade games. I beat my husband on the Addams Family pinball machine on Wednesday so we had to have a rematch on Thursday. He creamed me on Thursday and got the 3rd highest all time score on the machine.


We spent part of the afternoon kayaking on the river.





We finished kayaking, cleaned up, packed up and headed home. It was wonderful to spend uninterrupted time together for a few days. We have not taken the time for just the two of us to go somewhere alone for about six years. We really do need to do it more often.

Wednesday was my birthday. My husband gave me a card that ended with the following question, "How about some sky diving for your birthday gift? Tandem." Looks like I need to get ready for my next adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great anniversary present! The hotel sounds amazing! What a spa treatment!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete