Saturday, June 1, 2024

Crochet Spring 2024

I started crocheting in February of 2021. I really like making crochet animals and plushies. I started on a sweater, but quickly got bored with it. Here is what I have been working on this Spring.

Astronaut for a space explorer themed nursery for one of my co-workers. 

One of the people attending the baby shower asked if I could make her an astronaut using her school colors. Her school's mascot is an astronaut. It was easier the second time. I rarely make the same thing twice. 
The pattern for the astronaut came from Studio Wow.  The pattern was easy to follow and fun to make.
Another co-worker had a baby shower at the beginning of May. I made this little sleeping puppy. I think it turned out so cute. I have a hard time using velvet yarn because it is soooo slippery. I slightly modified the Dreaming Beagle Oskar pattern by Marivan Crochet.
My school's mascot it a ray. I made several rays for people who were retiring or leaving the school. I added little tags that say "Once a ray, always a ray".
I used THIS YouTube video to crochet a pickle but I forgot to take a picture of it. I made a tag to turn it into a Positivity Pickle for a friend who is going through a rough time. 

Right now, I am trying to complete this hippo by Funny Hook Design. It is for a jungle themed baby nursery of a friend. It is starting to look like a hippo. Hopefully, I will complete it soon.

What creative projects are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment