Sunday, July 9, 2023

Christmas 2022 Part 2

I love walking and hiking in the snow when we visit Ottawa during winters. I don't think I would like to live where it snows, but it is certainly nice to visit. Each time we visit Canada in the winter, we traditionally go to the same outdoor destinations.

One of my favorite traditions is our "Feed the birds" hike. Boogs has been loving this hike since he was 9 months old.


It was a different hike this year without Grandmaman and Grandpapa. We really missed them. The scenery on this walk is spectacular. There did not seem to be as many birds as usual. Most of the feeders were full, so I guess the birds were not hungry enough to come to us for food.











On another day, we visited Mooney's Bay. We used to have so much fun sledding down the hill at Mooney's Bay. Unfortunately, there was a bad sledding accident there last year so the city stopped allowing sledding on the hill.
We walked around the hill and went to the park. We were the only ones there enjoying the park in the cold weather.

Boogs tried to slide on a tiny bit of hill. He didn't go very far.








The city put up a double row of fences all around the hill to prevent people form sledding. 

We still wanted to go sledding, so we had to find a new sledding hill to try. The next day, we ended up at Carlington Park. The snow was very powdery so it was a slow ride. At least Boogs got to use his favorite toboggan again.





While my guys were sledding, I went on a little walk down a trail. It was so pretty.
I did not realize how steep the trail was until I tried to bet back up it.
After sledding, we had to go to Tim Horton's for hot cocoa and a snack.
                           







No comments:

Post a Comment