Thursday, October 30, 2014

Happy Halloween

Halloween sort of sneaked up on us this year. We finally made it to a pumpkin patch to pick out a couple of pumpkins to carve tomorrow. This is the first year since Boogs has been alive that we did not make it to a Fall festival. I guess I am just being a slacker mom this year. My husband asked Boogs if he really wanted to go trick-or-treating tomorrow. Boogs responded,"This is my childhood, you know. This is when memories are made for a lifetime." I love my silly boy!

I did manage to make a couple, okay two, Halloween themed lunches this week.

In the ELB lunchbox: pb&j tombstone sandwiches on Zbar ground, witch pick flying over a Babybel moon, creepy forest of doom broccoli, and zombie brains blackberries. Boogs told me this lunch was not very creepy.

In the ELB lunchbox: dried scabs beef jerky, zombie head boiled egg, Babybel zombie, fallen limbs grapes, body part Chex Mix, and veggies. Boogs thought the description of this lunch was creepy, but did not think it looked very creepy.

So, I tried to scare him with this lunch in an ELB: Eeeeek dried seaweed! (that scared him a little, but not in a creepy way), floppy bologna, cheese stick, fruit leather, Zbar, carrots with salad dressing, and a blueberry pit of despair. Boogs told me the only thing scary about this lunch is all of the wrappers in it because they just add to our landfills.
I have promised to take the Halloween decorations out of the attic next year and go crazy decorating the house because, you know, it is his childhood memories.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! The features did not imprint very well so I turned it into a zombie egg.

    ReplyDelete