Friday, January 20, 2012

Lunches January 16th - 20th

Boogs' lunches are inspired by the books we read at bedtime the previous evening. I usually post his lunches once a week. Click on the "lunches" label at the end of this post to see lunches from previous weeks. 
Bear's Loose Tooth by Karma Wilson
Boogs has his first loose tooth so we read this book about Bear's first loose tooth. Bear's friends try and help him pull the tooth out. Boogs and I talked about leaving his tooth alone, but Daddy told him how to tie a string to his tooth and a doorknob to get it out faster. NOOOO! In the story, the tooth fairy leaves blueberries in exchange for Bear's tooth. In the lunchbox: Pb&j bear sandwich, blueberries, Babybel cheese tooth, carrots (to crunch out the tooth), and Cheetos. The smiling tooth is Boogs' special tooth box for the tooth fairy, it glows in the dark, we did not pack that in his lunchbox.


Marsupial Sue by John Lithgow
Marsupial Sue is a kangaroo that does not like to bounce. She tries to act like other animals but decides that she really does like being a kangaroo. In the lunchbox: grilled cheese kangaroos hopping on a ham hill, broccoli trees for hanging out with the koala bears, fish crackers for the fish she ate with the platypus, grapes, and yogurt.
Dedan Saves the Day by Thea Feldman
Dedan is a papa giraffe. This book has beautiful pictures depicting a day in the life of giraffes. Boogs wanted another  "fact" lunch. In the lunchbox: pb&j giraffe whose neck can grow 5 feet tall, fruit leather tongue which can be 18 inches long, giraffes eat up to 75 lbs a day of leaves (spinach), twigs (carrots sticks & Chex Mix), and buds (kiwi), baby giraffes drink their mother's milk (yogurt).


Snowmen At Night by Caralyn Buehner
I find it funny that Boogs chose to read this book when it is 70 degrees outside. The snowmen in this story have a wild night of fun. In the lunchbox: peanut butter & Nutella snowman, Babybel full moon, blueberries, pretzels, applesauce, and carrots with ranch dressing. (I know this lunch is very similar to his Frosty the Snowman lunch that he had in December.)
I accidentally slept in on Thursday, so Boogs had to buy a school lunch. He came home starving. When I asked him what he ate for lunch he said, "Some chocolate milk and some pineapple. I got a hamburger, but it was yucky so I didn't eat it." I am happy to make his lunches every day.


Places I have linked up:
Shibley SmilesFun Stuff FridaysBento LunchNo Time For Flash CardsFor the Kids Friday

14 comments:

  1. These are so cute! My kids eat better when I make themed lunches, but I'm just not this creative! I'm a new follower...I will be checking back for more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That giraffe caught my eye on TGIF. These are all such healthy and creative lunches! Thanks for sharing!

    Aimee @teachlovegrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giraffe is awesome! I have to look for that book now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the giraffe! What wonderful books! I am going to pin and tweet about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the best books! We love the bear books but I didn't realize there's one about loosing a tooth (we've had a lot of that around here lately!) Your giraffe is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keitha the giraffe is so neat! What's even more wonderful is your book to lunch projects...I'm so going to do this too! Wonderful Ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all beautiful, but the Giraffee is my favorites. I have new books to look up! I shared with with my Facebook readers here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Life-Intentionally/261252997248957. Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth,
      Thanks for the blog love! I just saw it on Facebook.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for all of the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah, such fantastic lunches!!! Love the giraffe! Thanks for sharing on The Sunday Showcase! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your giraffe lunch! Wow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of them, so cute and meaningful. My favorite is the giraffe, looks amazingly real! :)

    ReplyDelete