Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Revisiting A Park

In May, before it became ridiculously hot, Boogs and I revisited one of the parks we used to go to when he was younger. When Boogs was about four months old, I joined a mom's group. This was one of the parks we used to frequent with the group. It is where Boogs climbed his first tree.

It is a cool little park. It has a shady walking path around the perimeter, a pavilion with lots of picnic tables, and restroom facilities.
 I love all of the shade at this park.
They have added many new things since our last visit. Boogs and I really enjoyed the wooden swing.
The entire playscape has been redone. There used to be a scarily tall, worn out playscape without any shade cover. It was nice to see all of the improvements.
 There were several different structures in the big kid area and an entire new little kid area, too.
Boogs and I raced each other all over the playscape. I'm glad he is not too embarrassed to be seen with me. I know it is coming.
 Boogs almost made himself sick with all of the new spinning things on the playground.
I got a little quesy, too. The short pole spinner was FAST and difficult to stop.
After all of that running around, Boogs took a break at the top of this playscape before we went to the old swings.

It was pretty warm by the time we returned home. Boogs decided he needed to cool off by making water balloons. Unfortunately, I was his target. :-)
 He filled this balloon as much as he could. It eventually exploded on him.
We only have a few days left until summer break begins. I am counting the days.

This post is linked to:
Country Kids From Coombe Mill


Country Kids

16 comments:

  1. Ooohhh water balloon and park fun so7nds perfect #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to find shady parks to visit in this heat.

      Delete
  2. It's great when parks keep adding and improving so it works for all ages. Happy holidays - we've got 6 weeks to wait still! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine waiting six more weeks. Hope that time flies by for you.

      Delete
  3. The playground looks fantastic, my kids would love it there. I love the wooden swing bench too. It looks like Boogs had a great day.
    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept watch on that big swing for quite a while. It was in the perfect spot to view most of the playground.

      Delete
  4. You lucky Mamma that Boogs still hangs out with you. It is such a privilege as they grow older. Full marks for going on the play equipment and racing round together, this must be your secret to staying a "Cool Mum"It does look like they have some lovely equipment there now for all ages. the waterballoons look sfun back home too, it sounds like things are getting pretty warm with you, no wonder everyone is looking forward to the summer break.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful every day that he still wants to hang with me. He is just starting to be a bit embarrassed of me. He asked me to go to his 6th grade field trip, as long as I didn't sing at all the entire day. :-)

      Delete
  5. That looks like a fantastic park. I know my girls would love it. Have a great summer break! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you also enjoy your summer.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great park! A decent park always keeps mine entertained. Have a great summer!
    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice that they have upgraded the park. I hope you also have a great summer.

      Delete
  7. You cannot beat a good park. The wooden swing looks amazing and it is great that they have added a lot more shade when making their improvements

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have gone to revisit several parks recently. This one turned out to be the one he liked the best. Shade is very important in Texas.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely park to revisit. I love the look of the play area and lovely to have so many shady areas too. Making water balloons is fun although I wouldn't be keen on being the target either! :-) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have fun with water balloons. Boogs and I will have to spend some time visiting other parks this summer, too.

      Delete