Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 Holiday Happenings

I am a bit slow posting our holiday happenings. Boogs and I enjoyed decorating the gingerbread house Cutesy the Elf brought this year.
Boogs added Halloween bat pretzels to the decorations.
 Of course, I had to read Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett and make a story themed lunch to go with it.
 Boogs helped out with some holiday baking.
We took a family walk to a nearby park. The weather was kind of gray and misty, but it was still a fun outing.


We took a small road trip to break in Daddy's new car. Boogs is great at hooking up the car for an electric charge.
 We went to Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's Outdoor Sports Store to shop for Boogs Christmas gift.
 Daddy wanted to get Boogs his first .22 rifle for target practice.
 We visited a a street nearby with loads of holiday spirit. The entire cul-de-sac goes all out with their Christmas lights.
I got to attend Boogs' classroom holiday party. This will be the last one. I can't believe he will be in middle school next year. The party started with a painting-with-a twist type activity.
Next up were a series of Minute-to-Win-It type games. Boogs was pretty good at standing up candy corn.
My favorite game to watch was the move an Oreo from your forehead to your mouth with only your face muscles. It was hilarious watching the kids contort their faces to move the cookies.
We celebrated Christmas at home before we left for Canada to visit my husband's family. Boogs asked me to help him make a present for Daddy. Boogs noticed that Daddy likes playing the ping pong fish bowl game at Main Event whenever we go, so he decided to make one himself.
Boogs named the game Lucky Shot and put Canadian Maple Leaf Loonies as decorations. It was a fun game. We spent about an hour challenging each other to matches after it was opened.
Daddy and Boogs surprised me with a new pair of earrings.
Boogs has been talking about drawing and writing descriptions of some creatures he has thought of for a game he wants to make. We got him a leather journal with lined and blank pages. He was very happy with it.
We went to my parents house for a Christmas gathering but I forgot to take any pictures. This was also the first Christmas that Boogs decided not to get his picture taken with Santa. Some days I wish time would slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment