Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cute Cards!

Aren't these puppy dog cards adorable? Skip To My Lou shared a free template and directions for making this cute pull tab card. Boogs helped me make a few of them this past weekend.


I was reorganizing my craft room and found several packages of puzzle cards. I think I purchased them from Oriental Trading several years ago. Unfortunately, Oriental Trading no longer carries them. I stamped them with the Crayon Kids and the Bold Birthday retired stamp sets from Stampin' Up. I used a Kaleidacolor  rainbow ink pad to stamp the images. What kid wouldn't want a cute little puzzle card for their birthday?




I love the  retired Stampin' Up Loads of Love set! A few years ago, I made a similar version of this card for Christmas cards.
Supplies for this card: 
Stampin' Up sets - Loads of Love, Birthday Greetings
Card stock
Creamy Caramel 5 1/2 x 8 1/2  for card base
Real Red 4 x 2  for pull tab base, 5 1/4 x 4 for layering
Brillant Blue 5 x 3 3/4 with slit cut horizontally about 1 1/2 from bottom,
White card stock for truck, road, and pull tab message. I used a 1 x 1/4 inch piece of card stock folded in half to hold the truck onto the pull tab. I sponged yellow onto a one inch circle of white cardstock for the moon.

I stamped Happy Birthday onto a piece of white card stock and then layered it onto the red piece for the pull tab. I sponged a piece of white card stock brown then tore the edge to make the road. I stamped the truck on white cardstock and colored it with watercolor pencils. Then I glued the small piece of folded card stock onto the back of the truck, put the other end of it through the slit, and then glued it to the pull tab. When you pull on the tab, the truck moves across the card to reveal the birthday message. Looking at these pictures of the card, I realize I should have stamped some trees in the background.
 




Bleach technique: I put bleach and water on a paper towel and used it like an ink pad to transfer bleach onto my stamp. I put the bleached stamp onto the pink background paper. You have to make sure you get all of the bleach washed off of your stamp or it can dry out the rubber. I used the same flower with Positively Pink ink to complete the card.

I saw a card with stamped squares for the background on Catherine Pooler's blog (Aug. 17th).  I used her card as inspiration for this one. This is almost the card I actually sent. After I took this picture, I changed out the flower from this Definitely Daisy stamp to the flower in the Because I Care set.

Most of my Stampin' Up supplies are on the retired list. I will definitely have to give Carol a call to rebuild my paper stash and add some new sets soon.

5 comments:

  1. You're so crafty! I love your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I sent you the truck card, but forgot to put stamps on it. So you may not get the card until after you saw it here. :-)

      Delete
  2. LOOOve the puzzle card..and the truck card...Neat..You definitely have not lost your magic touch!!

    Grandmaman

    ReplyDelete