Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nine Years!

Today is my 9th wedding anniversary. My husband and I met in person for the first time in May of 2000. Luck and fate brought us together. We found each other on match.com and spent several months sending emails back and forth before our first date. It is hard for me to imagine that twelve years have passed by since then.

Our first trip together - Summer 2000.
My husband proposed to me during our Canadian Thanksgiving get together with friends in Texas on October 11, 2002. Everyone knew he was going to propose except for me.

We were married on June 7, 2003 on a ranch in Liberty Hill, Texas. My husband wanted his friends and family who came down from Canada for the wedding to experience a Texas ranch. We had a cd called "How To Talk Texan" playing instead of music while our guests arrived. We walked down the aisle as husband and wife to the theme song from The Magnificent Seven movie before climbing into a horse drawn carriage. It was such a fun day.

I can't find my cd of wedding pictures, so these two photos are pictures of pictures.


Our lives have changed in so many ways over the past twelve years. We have been through many ups and downs and I am happy to go through them with my husband.



6 comments:

  1. Awesome, happy anniversary!! Great pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I meet online too. It sounds like your wedding was a fun and joyful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day. On which site did you and your husband meet?

      Delete