Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sight Word Game

I am always looking for interesting and fun ways to encourage Boogs' learning. We routinely practice his sight words by writing them, playing a matching game, and having a treasure hunt for them. Beth, at Living Life Intentionally, recently posted a free Bug Sight Word Game printable. It has sight words for kindergarten through 3rd grade. Boogs loves bugs, so I printed it off for him. He saw me cutting the kindergarten words apart and asked if he could help. I had him write the letter "k" on the back of the kindergarten cards. We are saving the 1st - 3rd grade words for a later date.

Then we got out a bug jar craft so we would have a place to keep the sight word bugs.

Now we were ready to play. Boogs really enjoyed when I pulled out a bee card and lost all of my cards. He worked hard to make sure he read his cards correctly so he could keep them.



Later in the day, we took the game over to a friend's house. Boogs and B stopped running around the backyard long enough to fit in one quick game. (Yes, Boogs is wearing a Halloween shirt. He picked out his own clothes.)

I think we will be playing this game quite a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Keitha I am so thrilled that it was a hit in your house =-) Thanks so much for letting me know and for sharing it with others!! You made my day!!!

    My son loves reading his bugs too!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete