Saturday, May 28, 2011

Family Hike


A few weeks ago, we took Boogs back to Balcones Canyonland Wildlife Preserve and he really surprised us with the high intensity energy he put into the hike. We ended up hiking for several miles. On part of the trail, Boogs took off running and I had trouble keeping up with him. Unfortunately, he took a pretty good tumble, fell off of the trail, scraped both knees and one elbow. One of his knees was bleeding a bit. The other leg and elbow were scraped raw. My husband praised him for getting such good looking "man wounds". That helped stop his crying. Boogs let me know if I get hurt, it is "just a Momma wound" and "Momma wounds are not cool like man wounds". What is my husband teaching him? I love my little family.
Finding the information markers was Boogs' job.

Daddy read the info about each marker.

Tough boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment