Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a fairly quiet Memorial Day Weekend. Friday night, we had two friends, ages 4 and 2, spend the night. Whew! I thought they would never go to sleep. On Saturday, I went to my 8 am yoga class and then went for a four mile walk/run. When I got home, my husband went to his posing practice session for his upcoming bodybuilding competition. He came home for lunch and then went to the gym for his workout. It was a calm day. We spend the rest of Saturday just hanging out at home. Sunday morning, Boogs was up at the crack of dawn. I put him in the stroller and walked to a park about 1.5 miles from our house. We stayed at the park for almost two hours. It was not even 9 am when we got back home. We went out for a family breakfast, ran errands, then went to Veteran's Memorial Pool for an afternoon swim. I swam with Boogs then sat in the sunshine reading a book. While Boogs was swimming with his Daddy, everyone had to get out of the pool. I don't know if it was poo or vomit that caused the pool evacuation but I was not going to go back in. It took about 30 minutes to reopen the pool. I never went back in. Yuck! Boogs is becoming a good little swimmer. He swam with and without his lifejacket, but preferred to have it on. I wish the pool would let kids use swim rings. Here are a few pool pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment