Thursday, April 15, 2010

Busy, Busy, Day

I got up and ran 3 miles this morning in 29 minutes 11 seconds. When I got home I set up the art easel for Boogs. He loves to paint. After painting for about 30 minutes, Boogs asked to do Science experiments. We do a lot of experiments together and he also likes to do them on his own. Today he wanted to do it on his own and just have me get out the supplies - beaker, graduated cylinder, pretend microscope,  food coloring, measuring cups, corn starch, test tubes, tongs, etc. I got everything out for him, including the scoop of corn starch then I went and took a shower. Boogs decided that he needed more corn starch and climbed up on top of the cabinet to get the box which he then dumped all over his art mat. It was such a mess. He was having so much fun. I let him play until 9 am (yes, all of this was before 9 am) and then we cleaned everything up together. My floor needed to be mopped anyway. We made it to the library in time for story time, went shopping, had lunch, watched a movie (Darby O'Gill and the Little People) and then headed back to the library for an afternoon marionette show of Sleepy Hollow. We came home worked on a quick Science experiment with water, food coloring, and celery. Dinner is in the oven and we still have two hours to go before bedtime. I am worn out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment